How To

Invoice a Sponsored Project or Clinical Trial

For sponsored Projects, contact Sponsored Receivables Management (SRM). They invoice sponsors for expenditures and ensure timely payment of those invoices. They also provide post-award financial invoicing services, payment application, and collection services for sponsored projects for the University.

For Clinical Trials, use Clinical Research Invoicing System for Participants (CRISP). CRISP is a system that supports tracking patient events and is currently the invoicing process for industry sponsored clinical trials only. This is an auditable system that tracks clinical trial events and is used by both the department Financial Specialist and Study Coordinators along with SRM personnel.

Invoices are to be processed through CRISP prior to SRM receiving the payment. This is for both invoiceable items and patient care costs processed through Case Report Forms (CRFs).