1. Understanding Cost Policy: Financial Basics
Welcome to Module 1. To begin this module read the Learning Objectives, then click the red button to your right under Get Started.
- Practice responsible stewardship of both Stanford and sponsor funds in accordance with policy.
- Name and define the three major fund types.
- Recognize the impact of sponsored projects on every departmental financial transaction.
- Define Direct Costs and F&A (Facilities and Administrative) Costs, and name exampes of each.
- Name the four cost principles.
- Define Unallowable costs.
- Name examples of Unallowable expenses and Unallowable activities.
- Locate the Stanford AGM (Administrative Guide) on the DoResearch website and review Chapter 3.1, Funds Management.