5. Managing Sponsored Projects: Spending and Monitoring
Welcome to Module 5. To begin this module read the learning objectives, then click the red button to your right under Get Started.
- Correctly name and describe the two certification processes which confirm that all expenses charged to a project are allowable, allocable, and reasonable.
- Understand the commitment level of your PI (Principal Investigator), and the impact of changes in PI effort.
- Identify and define the four conditions under which administrative and clerical salaries can be charged directly to a project.
- Define capital equipment.
- State the three criteria for determining if a cost is Allocable to a sponsored project.
- Name and describe the three methods for allocating cost across multiple benefiting projects.
- Define cost transfers and explain the four circumstances under which they are allowed.
- Understand the timeframes in which cost transfers must take place.