Understanding Cost Policy: DoR 1101
This is an introductory course that discusses Stanford's accounting system, cost reimbursement policies, and the structure and use of the Chart of Accounts in Oracle Financials.
Do you want authority for approving transactions in Oracle Financials?
This course is the first of three required for staff to be granted authority for approving transactions in Oracle Financials. It is also recommended for anyone initiating transactions in the Oracle Financials System.
- This course, Understanding Cost Policy (DOR 1101)
- FIN-0102: Using Stanford’s Chart of Accounts
- FIN-0103: Approving Financial Transactions
Work at Your Own Pace Online
The online material is divided into modules so you can fit the course into your life. You don’t have to read all the modules at once, although many people do. You can come and go in whatever way works for you. You can go back and review modules anytime before you take the final test to receive credit. You can audit the course material if you do not want to receive credit. And this course is always available as a desktop reference.
How to Get the Most From This Course online format
To begin learning, use the navigation menu on the right side of every page where each module is listed. Read the learning objectives. Answer the self-assessment questions at the beginning of each module to find gaps in your knowledge of the topics covered in that module.
Read the information in each module at your own pace. Go back as many times as you like to review if you don't understand. Answer the questions in the sections titled Check for Understanding.
Open the links and documents in the Related Items section located at the bottom of each training page. This will help you get familiar with the DoResearch website which is the most comprehensive resource for research administration at Stanford. Research administration is complicated, so knowing where to get current accurate information that is vetted by the University is key. Subject matter experts from all parts of the University contribute and update content daily. The website is sponsored by the Dean of Research.
- Understanding Cost Policy: Financial Basics
- Understanding Cost Policy: Stanford's Accounting System
- Understanding Cost Policy: Financial Transactions
- Understanding Cost Policy: Final Test
How To Take the Final Test for the Online Format
You are required to pass a final test to receive credit for this course. You will find a link to it in the last module.
How To Take the Final Test for the Instructor Led format
- If you are not already logged in, you will be prompted to do so by clicking the Red Login button in the yellow banner
- Click Training in the banner
- Select Understanding Cost Policy from the list of courses
- Click the red Start Course button below under Your Course Progress. (You can read the online version of this course before you take the test if you like. This is purely optional.)
- In the You are here box located on the right, Select module 4 from the drop down list
- Click the red Go There button
- Click the red Take Test button
- Take the test