5. R&R: Charging Administrative and Technical Expenses
Welcome to module 5. To begin this module read the Learning Objectives, then click the red button to your right under Get Started.
- Correctly identify the federal regulations (both the old and the new) that require administrative/clerical expenses to normally be treated as indirect costs.
- Describe what ‘Integral’ means when charging administrative salaries.
- Correctly explain the principles of Specific Identification.
- Correctly apply the policy on administrative charging to federal awards.
- State when it is appropriate to apply the policy to a non-federal sponsor.
- Locate the Stanford RPH (Research Policy Handbook) on the DoResearch website and review Chapter 15.4, Charging for Administrative and Technical Expenses.