Animal Care and Use Training Program
Faculty, staff, and students who will be involved in the use of laboratory animals are expected to complete the web-based Animal Care and Use Training Program (VSC-PROG-0001), which provides an introduction to the topic. Specialized training required for research with specific animals is also available through the Veterinary Service Center.
Important notes on completing the web-based training program
- If you leave the course before completing it, take note where you left off. When you return, you will return to the beginning of the course.
- Allow at least an hour to complete the course.
- You can navigate to different course lessons using the left-side navigation menu.
- To exit the course, close your browser window. Do not log out.
- You can re-launch the course any time from your STARS My Learning page
- In order to complete this course, you must complete a quiz with a passing score of at least 80%.
- Allow at least 20 minutes to complete the quiz. If you close the quiz without finishing, you will have to start over.
- There are 25 multiple choice questions, and all questions must be answered.
- You may re-try questions you miss up to 3 times.
- Answers are shuffled each time the quiz is launched.
- There is no limit on how many times you re-take the quiz to pass, and you can re-launch the quiz after passing.
- You must click on the “Finish” button at the end of the quiz in order to get credit for completing it!
If you pass the quiz and your STARS record still indicates “In Progress,” contact firstname.lastname@example.org before retaking the quiz.