Science Outreach Resources
Find support for fulfilling the educational outreach required by your research sponsor.
How We Can Assist You
Stanford's Office of Science Outreach (OSO) helps faculty engage in science outreach -- organized activities targeted at youth, school teachers, and general public that will increase their interest, understanding, and involvement in math, science, and engineering.
The OSO serves faculty throughout the University by assisting them in creating outreach project ideas and proposals, identifying potential partners for them (both within Stanford as well as externally), and facilitating information and resource sharing among all of the University's science outreach programs.
We can brainstorm/suggest outreach ideas to incorporate in your proposal, review and give feedback on a draft proposal, find a specific audience/partner for your project, or write/acquire letters of support from project partners/participants. Our office also provides programs faculty members can tap into to fulfill outreach requirements while continuing to conduct research and perform teaching duties.
We offer programs for:
- General Public (5 programs)
- High School Teachers (6 programs)
- Middle School Teachers (7 programs)
- Elementary School Teachers (5 programs)
- High School Students (24 programs)
- Middle School Students (8 programs)
- Elementary School Students (2 programs)
- Stanford Undergraduates (11 programs)
- Stanford Graduate Students and Post-doctoral Fellows (2 programs)
- Undergraduates from Other Schools (12 programs)