HR Template Letters
Access to the following documents is available through box.stanford.edu to authorized Dean of Research - Human Resources Users only.
- New Hire Offer Letter Templates for Non-Academic Staff
- Transfer/Promotion Offer Letter Templates for Non-Academic Staff
- Miscellaneous Template Letters for Non-Academic Staff
- Academic Staff-Research (ASR) Template Letters
- Telecommuting and Remote Working Agreements
- Shelter in Place Offer Letters
Select the appropriate documents based on the job offer template used. Not all of the documents from the list below are included in every offer packet.
- Administrative Guide Policies
- University Code of Conduct – Admin Guide 1.1.1
- I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification)
- Confidentiality Expectations Agreement
- Predesignation of Personal Physician (Return of this form is optional)
- Voluntary Self Identification Protected Veteran (in Axess-- optional)
- Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability (in Axess-- optional)
- California Labor Code section 2810.5 (For all Non-Exempt employees-- Wage Information to be updated by department)
- California Division of Workers' Compensation - Time of Hire Pamphlet
- Payroll Department Memo
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities FMLA
- VDI Statement of Coverage
- CA Paid Family Leave Brochure
- Mandated Reporter of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Rights of Victims of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking
- Onboarding Guide for Temp or Casual Employees
- Authorization of Representation Dues Check-off and Membership Obligation
Telecommuting and Remote Working Agreements
To request a new telecommuting or remote working agreement, please email your HR Manager.
- Review the Admin Guide 2.1.20 Staff Telecommuting and Remote Working Policy
- Telecommuting & Remote Working Reimbursable Expenses Information
- EH&S 3400: Ergonomics - Computer Workstation (STARS)
- Computer Workstation Ergonomic Evaluation (after completing EHS-3400)
- SU-Work-At-Home Safety Checklist
- Temporary Telecommuting Agreement
Shelter in Place Offer Letters
The offer letter templates have been updated to reflect the interim process for onboarding. Specifically, language has changed in the Onboarding section of the offer letters that refers to the Welcome Center first day, and to let employees know they will receive information with actions to complete, including required steps and recommended virtual learning.
Please begin using these new templates for any hires that are occurring during this time period. Discontinue using previous offer letter templates until we resume normal business operations.