Proposal Development Routing Form (PDRF)
The Proposal Development Routing Form (PDRF) captures information necessary for proposal review and endorsement by Stanford University. The PDRF also documents the approvals required for the submission of a proposal.
The Principal Investigator’s approval of the PDRF provides certifications required by government agencies, and an agreement to comply with Stanford and sponsor policies.
Departmental approvals confirm financial commitments made in a proposal, and that stated personnel and facilities are available to carry out the project. Other approvals may be required depending on policies, processes and case-specific circumstances.
Principal Investigators and department administrators are encouraged to initiate the PDRF early in the proposal development process.
Initiate a New Proposal (PDRF)
1. Log into the SeRA web portal: https://sera.stanford.edu/
2. Click “Initiate New Proposal” on Left Hand Navigation (LHN)
3. Select “Agreement Type” by clicking on the drop down menu
4. Please click on the on the “Next” action item located at the bottom right of your screen
5. Fill in the appropriate fields and maneuver through each page using the LHN, or click on the “Next” or "Previous" action items located at the bottom right of your screen
6. Select your " Institutional Organization" and your "Institutional Official"
7. Click the "Review for Completeness" action item located on the right-hand navigation under the "Actions" menu
8. Click the "Route for Approvals" action item located at the bottom right of your screen
9. The PDRF will route for approvals and disappear from your Action Items from your Dashboard/Home Page
*For further and detailed information, please see the User Manual for Departmental Admins
1. Log into the SeRA web portal at: https://sera.stanford.edu/ or access clickable link to the PDRF via email sent to you
2. Click on the blue hyperlink in the “ID#” column titled “Approve PDRF” in your “My Action Items” section
3. Fill in the appropriate fields and maneuver through each page
4. After certifying (approving) PDRF, you will be returned to your Home page and the PDRF will no longer be listed in the “Action Items” section
*For further and detailed information, please see the "Downloadable User Guides" section below
PDF formatted guides:
- PDRF Departmental Administrator User Guide 3.0
- PDRF User Guide Principal Investigators (PI's)
- PDRF User Guide Other Personnel (Other Stanford Faculty (OSF)
- PDRF Removing Other Personnel from a Proposal
- PDRF User Guide Settting Up Default Approvers and FYIs version 1.0
- PDRF Processing University Research Awards
- SeRA OSR Request Form