Stanford Electronic Research Administration (SeRA)
The Stanford Electronic Research Administration System (SeRA) supports research administration at Stanford. It tracks the stages of the research project lifecycle from initial proposal to award closeout enabling investigators and staff to effectively manage their projects.
Anyone with an active SUNet ID can access SeRA to initiate a Proposal Development Routing Form (PDRF), the School of Medicine Proposal Intake Form (PIF), and access records that they have previously initiated or been added to by another user.
See ORA SeRA and Cayuse 424 User Guides webpage for the full suite of informative SeRA and Cayuse 424 user guides which cover a range of topics and processes.
- Proposal Development and Routing Form (PDRF) — This online form facilitates the administration of all facets of proposal tracking: routing, approval, and submission.
- Award Processing — The award processing module tracks intake, negotiation, and acceptance of awards.
- Financial Account Setup — The Sponsored PTA Manager module enables the online creation, extension, and amendment of PTAs for sponsored projects.
- Financial Account Closeout — The Account Closeout & Reporting module (ARC) tracks the financial closeout activities related to sponsored projects.
- Subaward Processing — The subaward processing module tracks the negotiation and acceptance of contracts between Stanford & subrecipients as well as tracking the annual monitoring of subrecipients.
- Direct access from SeRA to eCertification, Cayuse 424, OPACS, eProtocol systems
- Helps automate and streamline research administration on campus
- Tracks the stages of the research project lifecycle from initial proposal to award closeout
- Provides data and information to support management of sponsored research projects
- System enhancements typically deployed every 10 to 12 weeks