Proposal Development Routing Form (PDRF)
The Proposal Development Routing Form (PDRF) captures information necessary for proposal review and endorsement by Stanford University. The PDRF also documents the approvals required for the submission of a proposal.
The Principal Investigator’s approval of the PDRF provides certifications required by government agencies, and an agreement to comply with Stanford and sponsor policies.
Departmental approvals confirm financial commitments made in a proposal, and that stated personnel and facilities are available to carry out the project. Other approvals may be required depending on policies, processes and case-specific circumstances.
Principal Investigators and department administrators are encouraged to initiate the PDRF early in the proposal development process.
Initiate a New Proposal (PDRF)
1. Log into the SeRA web portal: https://sera.stanford.edu/
2. Click the teal “Start PDRF” button in the upper right. If you have SeRA Department Administrator access and land on My Dashboard when logging into SeRA, please select the teal "Start" button and then select "+PDRF" from the options menu.
3. Select “Agreement Type” from the drop down menu. Click "Start"
4. Complete the fields and questions as appropriate and maneuver through each page of the PDRF using either the Left Hand Navigation menu, or click on the “Next” or "Previous" action items located at the bottom right of your screen
5. Select your "Institutional Organization" and your "Institutional Official"
6. Click the "Review for Completeness" action item located on the right-hand navigation under the "Actions" menu