More About OSR
The Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) provides pre-award and post-award administrative services for sponsored projects. We collaborate with partner groups in other central and school offices to coordinate research administration services, systems, and processes. We review and endorse sponsored projects proposals, negotiate and accept awards, and issue subawards on behalf of Stanford. In addition, we establish accounts in the financial system and fulfill sponsor's financial reporting requirements.
OSR - SeRA Seminar Series
OSR Connect Quarterly Newsletters
November 14, 2017
The second annual Fair covered a variety of topics. In the collaborative spirit of serving the University's research administration community, ORA partner groups from the Dean of Research Training and Communications and Global Business Services teams also presented with ORA at this year's fair.
To get a recap and overview of the ORA organization and fair topics review and download our digital Fair program.
- ORA: Who We Are and What We Do
- Proposals & PDRFs
- Life of Award Management
- Managing Subawards
- PTA Set-Up Process
- Property Management Office (PMO)
- Sponsored Receivables Management (SRM)
- Stanford Electronic Research Administration (SeRA)
- OSR Request Form
- Cost Transfers - Policy and Process
- Research Administration Resources & Training (ORA + Dean of Research)
- eCertfication and SeRA My Accounts
- International Projects (ORA + Global Business Services)
- OBI Revenue and Fund Management Reporting
- Service Centers
May 19, 2016 - The below links cover the fair topics and handout content.
Brown Bag Get-Togethers
Come meet with representatives of OSR to chat about hot topics. Learn from experts and your peers.
Date: Every 2nd Tuesday of the monthTime: 11:30 am – 1:00 pmLocation and Topics: Announced via email the week prior to the Brown Bag session.
Brown Bag "Takeaways"
Click on the links below to access summaries of Brown Bag topics:
November 15, 2016
Do you want to know how OSR reports Unliquidated Obligations, Unobligated Balances, and the carryforward amount on the Federal Financial Report (FFR) for NIH grants? How is the FFR prepared for awards transitioned from PMS (Payment Management System) Pooled Account to Subaccount?
IRB Protocol and Your Sponsored Agreement: The Key Things to Know
October 11, 2016
- The Do’s and Don’ts in Submitting an OSR Request Form
- Proposal Development: What Makes a Complete Proposal?
September 13, 2016
June 10, 2014
March 11, 2014
- What you need to do differently during closeout due to changes with how federal agencies pay Stanford
November 12, 2013
September 10, 2013
July 9, 2013
June 11, 2013