The majority of information required for the other support or current and pending support forms of your sponsored project transaction (proposal, Just in Time or annual report) is available from the SeRA system.
Follow these 4 steps to get the report for your faculty serving as as senior/key personnel in a project:
Go to SeRA
Select the other support report for NIH or the current and pending support report for other sponsors such as NSF.
Enter the name of the principal investigator and click on get report button.
The report generated includes all sponsored projects for a principal investigator classified into three sections:
- The active section lists all awarded projects in SeRA for that PI.
- The pending section includes submitted proposals, contingently approved proposals and awards in process. It filters out Training Grants and any pending proposals with a proposed start date older than 24 months.
- The Expired section lists projects that have ended or have had no activity within the last 36 months.
The report can be downloaded as a MS Word document so it can be easily edited to make it comply with the sponsor's requirements, add other types of funding supporting the PIs research, etc.... ( for NIH and NSF requirements, see the two other frequently asked questions under this Other Support How To).
- Use this information as the starting point for preparing the Current and Pending Support or Other Support pages. Edit as necessary, deleting rejected proposals, adding other sources of funding per the sponsor's instructions, etc...
- Remember that the information in this report is based on the data entered at the time of proposal.
- For effort, you may have to check the labor distribution report for each of the projects listed in the Other Support Report for variance and accuracy.
- Make sure to follow the sponsor's format. Some of the commonly required fields are: project title, sponsor, period of performance, person months, amount of award (or amount requested).
- The type of funding to be listed varies by sponsor. Pay close attention to the sponsor's instructions to complete these pages.
- The timing of when this information is required and how frequently also varies depending on the sponsor. See other sections in this How To for specific instructions regarding NIH and NSF.