Once a new award has been received, Office of Sponsored Research (OSR)will set up a new Account, also known as Oracle Project Task Award (PTA) combination.
Once the AAN (Award Approval Notification) is generated by the SeRA system, a parallel transaction for setting up the account is created. The account is also be known as a PTA (Project Task Award).
Steps to set up a New PTA
- The new PTA Setup transaction is then routed to an OSR accountant who will review the agreement, budget details and configuration detail information provided by the department administrator. If the information is complete and accurate, OSR will submit and baseline the budget in Oracle to complete the process.
- The NOA (Notice of Award) will be sent out via the SeRA system once the New PTA Setup Transaction has been completed. The NOA content is similar to the AAN, however it will now include PTA details.
- For new projects, a New PTA Setup transaction is automatically generated by the SeRA system and assigned to a department administrator to fill out departmental information. Based on the award terms and conditions entered in SeRA, PTA Manager configures the appropriate Project(s), Task(s) and Award(s) accordingly. The department administrator has the opportunity to create the PTA architecture that will best help facilitate the management of their project. At this stage, the department administrator should review the AAN, Agreement and budget details. Any questions should be directed to the IO noted on the AAN, who processed the award.
- Some elements of the award process and attributes from the AAN will drive automatic configurations in the PTA Setup transaction (e.g. inclusion of cost sharing or subawards.)
- The department administrator will have the opportunity to add additional Tasks or request additional Project or Award that will best help facilitate the management of their project.
- The budget entered in SeRA will be set as the default budget in PTA Manager. The department administrator can re-allocate the budget among tasks/categories accordingly. The budget allocations should align with the budget as approved by the sponsor.
- The department administrator completes the required attributes and routes to OSR (Office of Sponsored Research) for completing the PTA setup.
The new PTA Setup transaction is then routed to the OSR Account Setup Intake. The OSR accountant claims the PTA transaction from the Account Setup Intake and reviews the agreement, budget details, PTA configuration recommended by PTA Manager, and detail information provided by the department administrator. If the PTA configuration or attributes are incomplete or if there is a discrepancy, the OSR accountant will return the PTA Setup transaction to IO or department administrator for correction. Once the information is complete and accurate, OSR accountant will submit and baseline the budget in Oracle to complete the process.
An NOA (Notice of Award) will be sent out via the SeRA system once the New PTA Setup Transaction has been completed. The NOA will look similar to the AAN, however it will now include PTA details
- OSR strives to complete the PTA setup transaction within five business days of receiving the desired award configuration and detailed budget allocation for a particular award.