There are many nuances to working with subawards. This class (ORA-1122) gives you the tools and information to distinguish between a subaward and another procurement action. You will also learn how to process and monitor a subaward from proposal through closeout. This class is required for anyone who manages a subaward.
Who should take this course?
If you are working toward a Level II certificate, this class is an elective. We recommend you take it after taking the required Level II classes.
Click the Register Now button to go to the course registration page in STARS.
Select instructor led or online course.
If you select the instructor led course, you will receive a confirmation email with the date, time, and location of the next available course.
If you select the online course, launch the training from STARS, or if you prefer, return to this page and click the view module button.
Use the Course as a Desktop Reference
The course can be used as an always available desktop reference. No need to register, just click the View Module button.
Module 1: Introduction and Overview
Module 2: Processing a Subaward
Module 3: Monitoring a Subaward
Complete two steps to receive credit for the course and certification:
- Register and complete the instructor-led or web-based class and
- Pass the online quiz with 100% accuracy.
To take the quiz:
- Click the Take the Quiz button below after you have registered and completed the instructor led or online course.
- You will be taken to your "All Learning" page in STARS.
- Find the Subawards course you have previously registered for and click the "Launch" button.
- You will be taken to the Activity Progress page.
- In the Activity Syllabus section of the page, click on the Launch button next to the quiz for a specific module(s).
- Click Launch again in the Table of Contents page.
- Complete the quiz.