Gift Administration at Stanford: ORA-1128
Gift Administration at Stanford (ORA-1128) is an online class that addresses the responsibilities involved in administering gifts of cash in the form of checks and wire transfers as well as property. The class is appropriate for staff and faculty who administer gifts.
Who should take this course?
- All staff involved in gift processing are required to complete this online class and test.
- If you are working toward a Level II certificate, this class is an elective. We recommend you take it after taking the required Level II classes.
Click the Register Now button to go to the course registration page in STARS.
Select the online course.
Launch the training from STARS, or if you prefer, return to this page and click the view module button.
Use the Course as a Desktop Reference
The course can be used as an always available desktop reference. No need to register, just click the View Module button.
Module 1: Gifts are Important to Stanford
Module 2: Overview of Gift Administration Policy, Fundamentals, and Responsibilities
Module 3: Gift Processing Tasks: Distinguishing a Gift from Support for a Sponsored Project
Module 4: Gift Processing Tasks
Module 5: Non-Cash Gifts: Property (Equipment), Stock, Real Estate, and Other Tangible Items
Module 6: Stewardship
Complete two steps to receive credit for the course and certification:
- Register and complete the web based class and
- Pass the online quiz with 100% accuracy.
To take the quiz:
- Click the Take the Quiz button below after you have registered and completed the instructor led or online course.
- You will be taken to your "All Learning" page in STARS.
- Find the Gift Administration at Stanford course you have previously registered for and click the "Launch" button.
- You will be taken to the Activity Progress page.
- In the Activity Syllabus section of the page, click on the Launch button next to the quiz for a specific module(s).
- Click Launch again in the Table of Contents page.
- Complete the quiz.