After the prime award has been accepted by Stanford the PI or his/her authorized administrator submits a requisition in Oracle Financials identifying the proposed subrecipient.
This request documents the amount authorized by the PI for the subaward and delineates the desired period of performance. OSR is not authorized to issue a subaward until an approved requisition and specific documents are on file including:
- Copies of the subrecipient's F&A and fringe benefit rate agreements
- Copies of the subrecipient's human subjects approval and approval to use animals
- If applicable A copy of the subrecipient's most recent A-133 audit or link to its record on the federal audit clearinghouse, or completion of the audit certification and Financial Status Questionnaire (OSR Form 47, downloadable Word file), if not provided at the time of proposal
- Any applicable requested information (subrecipient commitment form, updated Certificate of Cost or Pricing Data, small/small disadvantaged business plan, audit information, etc.) Sole Source Justification, if required
- Any special requirements the PI wishes to impose (prior approval requirements, report formats or due dates, etc.)
A Stanford PI or designee may not authorize a subrecipient to begin working without a fully executed subaward agreement in place.